CHESAPEAKE BAYFRONT CONTEMPORARY ~ Luxury east-west facing retreat is offered for sale on the Chesapeake Bay, less than 60 miles from DC metro, with access nearby at the Park Chesapeake community beach. This 4300+ sf home has incredible Chesapeake Bay vistas from nearly every room, and the home and gardens are intertwined such that all can be accessed from inside and outside with a very easy flow for owners and guests. You will appreciate the privacy, the extensive hardscape with custom lighting plan, and the very well-maintained property, both inside and outside. Open the front door to a gorgeous Chesapeake Bay view. The incredible great room is anchored by a floor-to ceiling-stone fireplace and massive hearth, vaulted ceilings and an full wall built-in system for display of fine pieces, books, images. Big glass wall with doors to outdoor living is fabulous and very inviting, incorporates with the great room for awesome extended living. Nautical stainless cable rails allow for maximum bay and garden views, and a modern finish. The massive, custom gourmet kitchen and wine center was designed with granite, tile and stainless features a double sink plus 2 prep sinks, refrigerator, beverage fridge, wine fridge, 2 wall ovens, warming drawer, ice maker, cooktop with down draft, and built in microwave. The layout of this gourmet kitchen is incredible for a long day of cooking, or an evening of cooking and entertainment with family and guests. There is a also a breakfast room-lounge space connected to the kitchen with a bay window and window seat to enjoy the Chesapeake Bay views. The main level owner~s suite is a very gracious sleeping area with big bay views plus deluxe en-suite bathroom, which connects to special walk-in closet system and desk nook. There is a second, well-appointed guest area on this main level. A private 5-person spa at a location separate from the main house provides a natural relaxation and healing spot. The lower level features a family room with kitchenette and freestanding soapstone wood stove for those winter months at the bay. You can make it a media space and snack-beverage center, a reading room and yoga spot, or just extra lounge space with a direct, easy walkout connection to the gardens. An additional two bedrooms and full bathroom are on this level, as well as a 15 x 40 storage and mechanical space for easy service. Access the large screened porch, covered patio, fully hardscaped walking paths around the entire property from either level. There is even a greenhouse for those who love to garden year-round! Screened porch and covered brick patio yet more outdoor living rooms adjacent to beautiful rear yard gardens with paths and plantings, river rock beds, a charming bronze sculpture of children at play. Follow the paths out to the huge bayside deck. Greet the day with meditation at this pristine sunrise spot. New roof 2019. Bring your golf cart and make this a primary or second home destination soon!
Single Family, Single Family-Detached
Electric Water Heater, Well
4,318 sq. ft
Yes - 1 space
Calvert County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Kitchen, Storage, Office, Breakfast Room, Hobby Room
- Master Bathroom
- Dining Area
- 2nd Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen, Island, Kitchenette, Butler Pantry
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower, Whirlpool Bath
- Microwave, Cooktop Downdraft, Dishwasher, Disposal, Double Oven, Wall Oven, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Ice Maker, Washer, Dryer, Intercom System, Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric, Heat Pump, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating. Heat Pump.
- Full, Heated, Entrance Outside, Partially Finished, Space For Rooms, Walkout, Workshop
- Bay Window(s), Screened, Skylights
- 2. Wood-burning, Stone, Wood Stove.
- Entry Level Bedroom.
- Alarm -Smoke/Fire, Security System
- Additional Interior Features
- Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Crown Molding, Open Floor Plan, Recessed Lights, Skylight, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment, Wood Floors, 9Ft+ Ceilings, Beamed, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling, High Ceiling
Exterior / Lot Features
- 1 Garage Spaces. Concrete Driveway.
- Deck, Patio, Porch, Screened-in
- Shingle, Composition Shingle
- Lot View
- Bay, Panoramic, Water, Scenic
- Body of Water
- Chesapeake Bay
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Water Front, Exterior Lighting, Flood Lights, Hot Tub, Landscaped, Trees, Fishing. Cul-De-Sac, Landscaping, Partly Wooded, Private, Trees/Wooded.
- Community Amenities
- Picnic Area, Water/Lake Privileges
Active Market Trends
Source: MLS DATA
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Source: MLS DATA
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price
Arrows indicate 90 day trend
Source: Bright MLS